In the Beginning
Circa 1913, Crow Wing Lake was was originally called "Thunder Lake"
In 1945, Elmer Reichert plotted 50 - 50 foot lots on the northeast side of the lake and called it Chippewa Shores. Brainerd and Minneapolis people bought the lots.
In 1946, Clarence Meyer plotted 40 - 80 foot lots on the east side of the lake. Little Falls and Minneapolis people bought the lots.